I spend more time stressing out about everything I need to get done before I actually start working on something. It took me about an hour to start actually writing this blog post. I am all for finding ways to make myself more productive, so when I ran across a plan called the Pomodoro Technique I had to take a closer look.
The Pomodoro Technique can be mastered in 5 easy steps.
1. Choose a task to be accomplished
2. Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
3. Work on the task until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
4. Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
5. Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break
Task management is a really difficult thing to grasp especially when you have a million and one things that need to get done by tomorrow. Take a breath, slow down, and finish one thing at a time. The Pomodoro even offers ways to become less distracted! I know that is something I could really use help with.
This techniques even has its own website! Check it out.